Nowadays, lifestyle is rapidly changing. People believe in hustle culture and neglect their health. In today’s fast-paced world, our health has taken a backseat. Many health problems are taken into account but one that is generally overlooked is the problem of DEHYDRATION. Dehydration is when our body loses more fluid than it has taken in. Dehydration can turn into a severe issue if not taken care of. Water is our lifeline. No one can go on for more than a few hours without water. Even the slightest bit of water deficiency in the body can cause dehydration and lead to some severe health problems. Some of the early symptoms of dehydration are less frequent urination or dark-colored urine, dry mouth, fatigue, nausea, and dizziness. Now that summers are here which means walks on beaches, hikes, ice creams, stroking heat, and monitoring heart health with ECG Device.
As the sun shines on our heads pulling all of our energy, fluids are the key to beating the heat. Summers cause us to lose more water than usual. We all know that proper hydration is vital for our health. A hydrated body is a healthy and happy body.
Drinking enough water and staying hydrated is crucial for regulating body temperature, preventing infections, delivering nutrients to cells, and keeping organs functioning properly. Being well-hydrated also improves sleep quality, cognition, and mood.
But the question is: CAN DEHYDRATION AFFECT OUR HEART HEALTH?
The answer is YES. Dehydration takes a major dig on our heart and causes heart-related problems.
- Dehydration is caused due to lack of water in our body and can lead to the thickening of the blood. It makes our blood vessels constrict which strains our hearts over time. It leads to irregular heartbeat or palpitations.
- Moreover, dehydration causes our blood to retain more sodium, which puts pressure on our hearts making it tougher for them to circulate through the body.
- Dehydration causes the blood volume to drop which is the cause of blood pressure coming down. If untreated it can lead to heart attacks.
Our body is made of roughly 70% water and the amount of water in our body affects all the organs. The lack of water leading to the condition of dehydration adversely affects the functioning of the organs. Our heart also bears the burden due to lack of water. The pumping of blood becomes difficult and the level of electrolytes lowers down. This affects our heart health and if not paid attention to can lead to severe problems like a seizure or cardiac arrest.This is why we cannot undermine the problem of dehydration and should pay attention to it. Our heart health is dependent on the amount of fluid we intake.
A few ways to combat dehydration and protect our hearts are:
- Drink water and fluids all day long and stay hydrated and fresh.
- Make sure your urine is not dark yellow as it is a symptom of water deficiency in the body. Almost clear urine indicated a good amount of water content in the body.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables and have a balanced diet. Fruits and vegetables have a good amount of water and salts along with necessary vitamins which keep our body hydrated.
- Some fruits and vegetables that keep our body hydrated and are must eat for summer’s are- Cucumber, Apples, Lettuce, Oranges, Peaches, Tomatoes and Watermelon.
- Exercise regularly to stay fit and regulate the water retention of our body.
- Avoid high protein or caffeinated drinks, they can dehydrate our body.
- Limit coffee and alcohol, they drain the water out of our bodies.
- Avoid smoking as it can cause dehydration and deprive our skin of moisture.
- Checking and monitoring heart health when feeling dehydrated as dehydration causes strain on our heart.
Drinking enough water and keeping the body hydrated can stabilize the heartbeat. As per a 2002 study, “A sufficient amount of water can reduce the risk of heart attack by 46% in men and 59% in women”. Hence, heart health should be regularly monitored while feeling dehydrated.
But the question now arises how to monitor our hearts instantly when needed?
It is not physically and economically possible to go to a doctor and get our heart monitoring done. Dehydration followed by various heart problems can happen at any time and anywhere. The changing and unhealthy lifestyle of today has made this a serious issue. For this, regular monitoring of the heart and having a heart health monitoring device available with you is the need of the hour.
Among various heart health monitors present in the market, which one to use is a difficult decision to make? The marketplace is crowded and various devices make various claims, but which one of them provides the accuracy? For this SanketLife ECG Device can be your go-to choice. An industry leader in health monitoring products, SanketLife ECG Device offers an innovative solution to enhance personalised care. SanketLife portable ECG Device provides more than 98% accuracy. You can count on SanketLife devices to deliver high-quality, reliable results.
Benefits of Sanketlife ECG Device
The SanketLife digital ECG Machine is a pocket-sized ECG Machine which can take a complete medical grade 12-lead ECG at your home and your convenience. It is a lightweight and compact device that allows you to monitor your heart health by conducting ECG at home. The SanketLife ECG device has touch-based sensors and requires no leads which allow instant wireless ECG recording on the SanketLife app. The device can be used for regular ECG and heart rate monitoring by anyone as it requires no additional accessories like gels, patches or paper spools.
The lack of water in the body also lowers Oxygen level and lead to rising temperature. For this, we have Multivital 2.0 which measures SpO2 level and contactless infrared temperature.
So whenever you feel dehydrated, don’t wait and take instant action like monitoring your heart health. Precaution before the cure is necessary. The easy-to-carry and portable feature of the SanketLife ECG Device makes it the number one choice. It is now the pressing priority of the people.
STAY HYDRATED, STAY HEALTHY!
SANKETLIFE CARE FOR YOU AND CARES FOR YOUR HEART!